Monday, June 21, 2010

New Bicycle Times

So here we have a piece for New Bicycle Times that should be on magazine shelves in a bookstore near you.  This piece was art directed by the gracious Amanda Zimmerman with Dirt Rag Magazine.  The feature involves a band that travels venue to venue on their trusty bikes.  Amanda was willing to open up the concept so that direct likeness and instruments wouldn't be necessary, just the overall image.  I think this more ambiguous approach let us create something a bit more iconic and immediately accessible.  It was also an opportunity to paint yet another Electra bike, which I never tire of.  They're such sweet looking bikes, built with extreme craftsmanship.  

I hope you enjoy the new piece.  I have several others to release soon, just waiting for them to go to print before posting.  

2 comments:

  1. So, I've never posted a comment on a blog before...so bare with me. I was in my local book store today and came across the recent issure of New Bicylce Times and was blown away by the cover art. I'm not sure what it was, the complete rawness of the picture or the idea of a rocker riding that kinda bike. So, I had to look you up and check out your work and like the cover it all speaks to me. I am offically a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks Lulubell! Always happy to hear it when those covers send enthusiasts my way. I had a lot of fun with this piece, and I just love to paint Electra bikes!

    ReplyDelete